Friday 15 December 2017

Using 'The Woman In Black' For My Production

As you have watched The Woman in Black, what/how could you use it?

Due to experiencing the film I was able to notice all the conventions that a horror/thriller film normally uses. I could use all the moments from the film that I found particularly interesting and any fine details that I was able to spot and use it in my own production. Also, because i watched the film I could use some of the techniques used eg candles to make the dolls look creepier
5 things I have gained from this viewing: - I gained insight into the plot - I could write a paragraph summarising the story line
- I gained insight into the characters - I learned how characters are portrayed eg the town folk who stick up for each other, how Arthur is not able to get over the death of his wife which gives me more idea how to develop my characters for my production.- I was able to spot conventions - Clarified the fact that my knowledge is good and that I know all the stereotypical conventions of a horror movie.- Effects of music - I learned how important music is in helping to portray a dark sinister ambience and I could use sounds like doors creaking and whispering to make my production more mysterious and creepy.- Types of shots - I learned how different types of shots have a different effect eg a long shot of the corridor connotes mystery and emptiness whereas a close up gives the audience more insight into a characters emotions. This information will help me to pick appropriate shots for my production.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Magazine

After much consideration and feedback I decided to alter my magazine front cover. I mostly focused on re-doing the left hand side wh...