Friday 15 December 2017

My Own Film Poster For The Woman In Black




This is my design for 'The Woman In Black'  film. This task widened my knowledge of Photoshop and therefore will help me in my final production. I used many conventions when constructing this poster. Firstly I used a skyline quote which states 'Fear Her Curse'. It is in red and black distorted gradient which connotes that she is unpredictable. Also, the use of direct address towards the audience is effective as it causes them to be more interested in the film and what her curse may be. The photo I used is conventional as it does not give too much away and only shows the face of a woman. The title is the in the largest text on the poster as it is probably the most important aspect of the poster. It is in the gradient from black to red to black which works with the background as it blends in. Underneath the title there is a line that quotes 'From the director of...'. This is conventional as it will attract people who enjoyed the film by that director so due to the same director they are likely to also enjoy this film. The 'coming soon' text is conventional as it causes the audience to be more excited and anticipated until the movie is released. Lastly, my colour scheme is conventional as I have only used 3 colours so it is simple for the viewer to read - red,black and grey. These colours are also conventional for the horror genre as they connote death blood and mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Magazine

After much consideration and feedback I decided to alter my magazine front cover. I mostly focused on re-doing the left hand side wh...